We are hiring! Digital Comms, Partnerships and Advocacy Coordinator
Want to support young people to overcome the impact of the COVID19 pandemic? Got experience in digital communications, campaigns and big ideas for how to generate change? The Global Youth Mobilization (GYM) is hiring a Digital Communications, Partnerships and Advocacy Coordinator. See below all the details – apply by Sunday 4 July 2021!
The Project Coordinator will support the internal and external communications for the GYM initiative, with a strong focus on managing the initiative’s social media and overall digital communication implementation plan. The Project Coordinator will play a key role in maintaining and growing GYM partnerships for the short and long-term and developing and supporting the implementation of the GYM’s advocacy strategy and plan.
- 3-5 years of work experience in (national or international) in areas of digital communications, advocacy or partnerships,
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject – e.g. communications, PR, etc. (or equivalent in work experience),
- Experience in managing multiple projects at the same time,
- Experience in managing social media channels and implementing digital communication strategies,
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders and delivering tailored communication to each,
- Experience in advocating for issues close to the work of the Big Six (e.g. non-formal education, gender equality, environment protection, etc.).
- Fluency in oral and written English
Timeframe and location
The position is expected to be contracted full time for a period of ten months July 2021 to April 2022, followed by a potential part-time engagement until December 2022, pending an evaluation of time commitment needed for the GYM initiative.
This is a remote position – candidates can be based anywhere in the world.
Contract and salary
The Coordinator will be contracted by the World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM), headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. WOSM is the legal custodian of the GYM. Salary range, dependent on experience and location, is $2500 – $3000 per month (gross).
Applicants are requested to submit their CV and a short one-page statement supporting their application by 4 July 2021 to the Project Co-Leads Hana Pasic (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sam Williams (email@example.com). Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with a panel consisting of the project Co-Leads and representatives of the Big 6 on the 7 and 8 July 2021.
Please see the full job description here